Reading is a skill that everyone needs.
The benefits of reading and becoming an avid reader are obvious.
There is a common saying:
“Readers are Leaders”
A common question that both teachers and parents ask is:
“How can I help my child/pupils love reading?”
Let’s provide some suggestions below to help with getting us started in the right direction, here are a few of mine:
1. Be a great role model: let the children see you reading constantly and loving it.
2. Read to your children daily from birth, don’t wait. Let’s make it fun though, it is not a chore!
3. Find the interest of the child, a super hero or comic, and get books about this. Read them together.
4. Go to the bookshops and buy new interesting, age appropriate books.
5. Get them to take a book along on long rides.
6. If an author is doing a promotion for example a book signing event, take them along to met the author. It would be a great experience for them.
I am sure there are so many other suggestions that can help our children. Please add yours below in the comment section.